Internship Production Supervisor – Food Manufacturing – 1St Shift
Production Supervisor – Food Manufacturing – 1st Shift
Full time | Bullseye Personnel | United States
Posted On 08/14/2020
Work Experience 4-5 years
City Jersey City
State/Province New Jersey
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor 1st Shift
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and coordinate the work of food manufacturing employees, resulting in safe shift operation, producing high quality products on-time, and motivating the workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of food products.
2. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
3. Interpret production orders and company policies and procedures for workers.
4. Confer with other supervisors and shift leaders to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
5. Assume complete responsibility for all activities of the department and performance.
6. Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
7. Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
8. Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
9. Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
10. Provide written reports of issues, problems and/or observations on a daily basis.
11. Confer with management, co-workers and/or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
12. Demonstrate positive leadership practices including setting clear goals with shift leads and employees, providing regular feedback, and contributing to a positive and motivational work environment.
13. Enforce plant GMP’s and Food Safety policies and procedures, general plant housekeeping and organization.
14. Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees.
15. The employee understands and complies with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the Company’s Food Safety Manual.
Skills and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Functional and Technical Skills: Minimum three years in food production required.
Excellent communications skills required, including active listening and effective speaking.
Managing Diversity: Proven ability to work with a variety of people, based not only on legally protected classifications but also differences in communication styles, learning styles and other differences.
Motivating Others: Demonstrated skill in contributing to a motivating work environment.
Ethics and Values: Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest ethical standards in the work environment.
Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated skill in earning and keeping co-worker and direct reports trust.
Organizing: Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities and planning ahead required.
Perseverance: Demonstrated skill in working toward goals despite encountering obstacles.
Drive for Results: Focus on and commitment to achieving outcomes required.
Two-year associate degree, vocational training, or equivalent experience required.
Minimum of three years of experience in food production supervision.
142 total views, 1 today